Thursday, October 6, 2011

Someone Carried Me

Day 72

What a strange journey this had been. The valleys have been so low, I never thought I would see daylight. The hills have been so slight, at times I barely recognized them. But I know I’m moving forward. Even if it’s not fast enough to suite me.
I know it’s been far too long since I’ve posted a blog. I was on a bit of a blogging hiatus while I pieced together some information. I have also been seeking some professional treatment that is helping me process this whole thing. I am learning so much. About how the mind works. About myself. About God. I am learning a level of trust that I have never even fathomed. I am learning a level of grace that has never been in my personal doctrine. I am learning how to confront fear with power, and love, and a sound mind. I am learning about love on a whole new level.
Yes, love. In some ways, this has been the most eye-opening experience concerning love. Such love. Such wondrous love. Love that will not let me go. I have learned that I am surrounded by people who love me. You've never seen a person more saturated with genuine, abounding, all-consuming love. And I think, I must know what it felt like to be the “one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.” This is a man who could not get himself to Jesus. He was sick, needed Jesus' healing touch, but he couldn't walk, all he could do was lie there. But he had these four friends. These guys knew where Jesus was, and had the faith to believe Jesus could heal him. When they got to the house where Jesus was preaching, it was so full they couldn't get in. So, (and this is the best part) being determined that Jesus should see their friend and heal him, they got onto the roof, made a hole, and lowered him down right at the feet of Christ.
When I went through my first bout with major depression about six years ago, I wrote a song about this very story. I feel it applies to my life more than ever at this time. May it speak to your heart tonight.
Someone Carried Me

Vs. 1
I can't walk
And I can't move
And sometimes I feel that I can barely breathe
And when my God seems most far away
Still I find that I am at the Master's feet
But a lame man doesn't walk
No a lame man doesn't walk
Oh a lame man doesn't walk alone

Chorus
I have waded through the storms of life
That thundered over me
I've been tangled in the hopelessness
And struggled to be free
I've done battle with the darkness
In the valley on my knees
But when I couldn't carry on
Someone carried me

Vs. 2
I can't see
The darkness closes in
And I wonder if I'll ever find my way
I take the hand that's reaching out to me
And suddenly I'm in the light of day
But a blind man doesn't see
No a blind man doesn't see
Oh a blind man doesn't see alone

Bridge
Somebody called my name
In a quiet, secret place
Somebody brought my pain
Before the throne of grace
Somebody loved me so
Compassion overflowed
Somebody saw my need
Somebody carried me


No comments:

Post a Comment