Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fearless


Day 92.

How do I become fearless? In a world where everything is mixed-up, uncertain, and upside down, how does one come to a place of perfect peace? Even the peace that passes all understanding? I once knew someone who claimed to be completely fearless. He wanted to jump out of planes, drive fast, climb mountains. He said the only thing he feared was going back into the sins God had saved him from, and to that end, his relationship with Christ was the most important thing in his life.

I’m not interested in jumping out of planes, or ever coming to a place where I would want to, but I would like to be confident that God’s plans for my future are good. No, not just good, the best possible outcome for my life. The Bible says, “he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” He will be faithful to complete that which He started. And yet, I find myself worrying about what happens next. What does my future look like? Where will God take me? How can I know His will, His path? My 28th birthday is already in my past, and I’m antsy for God’s ultimate plan to unfold in front of me.
People continue to encourage me that things are going to be amazing on the other side of this, I’ll admit, around 4am when I’m up in the middle of the night, desperate for sleep, I have my doubts. But this is when I have to pull out my proverbial check list of answered prayers.

God really has done amazing things in my life. He has proved Himself faithful again and again. I can’t even count all the blessings, even miracles that He has brought into my life. There’s a song called “Let the Waters Rise” by Mikeschair and I love the lyric that says, “God, You know where I've been, You were there with me then, You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again.” That’s why I have to trust Him. I can’t be afraid of what’s coming because ultimately, He will always be faithful.

There’s still so much to sift through, so much to yet endure before the clouds roll away and allow the sun to shine. I’m trying to be brave, to have courage in the face of what I’m most scared of. This is where I lean on Him. This is when He will prove Himself.

1 comment:

  1. I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as
    nobody else know such detailed about my trouble.

    You're incredible! Thanks!

    my homepage :: Guide Search engine optimization

    ReplyDelete